Monday, July 14, 2014

5 Ways to Know You're on the Path to Greatness



I'm a late bloomer. Well, not exactly, I think a better way to put it would be: a late realizer. If you're familiar with Indian slang, you'd call me a 'Tubelight' (it flickers and takes some time to come on). Yes, I'm a tubelight. But when the light shines, it shines and how.

I have started to think that people at peace, can't reach their full potential. This is contrary to what I've been thinking most of my life. Being content is good, status quo is just right. I'm no rebel, but I find myself rather restless these days. This feeling is accompanied with a sense of slight panic. Is it a nervous breakdown? Nope. It is just a feeling (sometimes overwhelming), that I'm running out of time. And this is good thing. How do I know I'm on the path to greatness, here are some signs:

1. I'm restless: I don't have the time to patient right now. I need to be somewhere in my life, and till I get there I'm not stopping. If you (person or organization) can get me there, I'm listening to you, but if you can't, then please step out of the way (or I'll bulldoze you).

2. I don't care what you think: It has taken me twenty-five years to get here, and does it feel good. Oh, I can't put in my papers because what will my boss think? Or I can't say I disagree with her point of view, she's senior to me. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

3. I'm not here to make friends: Sounds mean, I know. But I'm focussed on getting somewhere and I can't afford to be distracted. I don't mind working with unbearable creatures as long as I am moving ahead. It's time grow a thick one and 'keep calm and carry on'. Or 'suck it up' for now and soon you can 'hire' the kind of people you want to work with.

4. I learn something new, everyday: I don't. I'm lying. I should and I'm getting there, but I haven't implemented this one yet.

5. I'm selfish: You know that by now, don't you?

Most importantly, I know that I'm going to be great because I remind myself everyday. I'm not giving up till I'm the best I can be and ordinary is not an option.

No comments: