Wednesday, March 16, 2011

An Ode to Ordinary Love

(There is nothing ordinary about it)

Could our love ever be the stuff of legends?
Would they read of it with wet eyes and broad smiles?
But we are simple people, you and I.
Simple people feeling extraordinary things.

Could we sing of it?
And would they hum the chorus?
Would it leave their lips but never their hearts, this love of ours?
Of us forgetables holding hands.

Would they talk of us when we are gone,
Like you do of me when I leave?
And I of your absence, limbless and incomplete?
Would they ever know about you and me?

Would they care for the music in our laughs together,
Or the way our fingers played?
Would they count the lines we carved on each other's palms,
One for each year we spent in love?

They would never chase the tears
Running down our faces to see where they ended,
The times of us ordinary lovers
Spent on sandy beaches.


*Dedicated to the love of my life, the cheese to my macaroni, the sun in my sky.

3 comments:

Aman Kapoor said...

Great morning read...
even if they don't talk of us. muah! :)

Saumya Shukla said...

I'd talk about your love...it's beautiful, to say the least..

And the lines...well...another of your touching ones. :-)

Saumya.

Sabbatical Blogger said...

Very nice Natasha...like it a lot.