Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just because I'm a writer...doesn't mean I'm lost. We all are.

People should take pride in their miseries. The shit you go through in life has a lot to do with what you become.

Everyday I feel like I am losing a part of me, and finding this whole new person inside me. Then, there are days when I miss me, and again there are days when I wake up and I feel like I have been sleeping for a long time...Like I have been living a dream. Not in a good way or a bad way, nothing cynical about it, just when you look back and you feel like you have been living like someone else...Doesn't make much sense, I know. But then if it did, this blog would have been called "already-found-sanity.blogspot.com".

Chris Martin of Coldplay has a way with words. He says in his song 'Lost', "Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost...You might be a big fish in a little pond, doesn't mean you've won 'cuz along will come a bigger one...and you'll be lost..."

Take a minute to take this all in.

Breathe.

Smile.

What a journey it is, this life...of triumphs and failures. And in the end, all is lost. Nothing matters, except who you have become. If we would only realize the race is not amongst us. In the end we are all nothing but lost. Ha ha! The medals, the triumphs, the failures, all amount to a big zero! What are we arguing about?

Acceptance is key. And it's right there inside us. But that too, is lost.


No comments: